Loving can be hard sometimes. I struggle with loving everyone at all time, every single day. It’s easy to love when they’re nice, or do things we like, but what happens when they’re mean… when they are complete opposites of what we like… how can we love someone like that?
Well in the Bible, God makes it easy and plain… “Love one another just as I have loved you!” It’s a command, not a request. (John 15:12)
Here are 10 ways to love & bible verses to show what God has to say about it
- Give without expecting – Proverbs 21:26
- Trust without wavering – 1 Corinthians 13:7
- Forgive without punishing – Colossians 3:13-14
- Listen without interrupting – Proverbs 18
- Enjoy without complaint – Philippians 2:14
- Answer without arguing – Proverbs 17:1
- Keep promises – Matthew 5:37
- Speak without accusing – James 1:19
- Be patient in all things – 1 Corinthians 13:4
- Learn to let it go – Ephesians 4:31-32
After reading this, do you see a number you struggle with? Personally I struggle with number 5. I find myself thinking “If I don’t want to be here, then I’m not going to enjoy this. It wasn’t my idea, so no thank you” But God says to do the opposite. Enjoy without complaint. If you struggle with one of these numbers, read the verse, memorize it and learn to live by it.
As Christians loving others should come naturally, but if it doesn’t that’s okay. We can work on it and eventually find it second nature to love others more than ourselves.
– KaGie 🙂